Jersey design: 'Chosen One' by William Chambers – Winner, 2020 Cowboys Indigenous Jersey Design Competition
Design story: In the Torres Strait and North Queensland Indigenous communities, the Sea Turtle is considered a delicacy. This painting represents the turtle’s journey from hatchling to fully grown adult. The smaller turtles are hatchlings on their journey from the shore to the open sea. The circles represent all obstacles and predators; not all become fully grown. The hunters with spears look for the chosen one which will become food. The fully grown turtle is also the chosen one as it gets its chance to reproduce, and continue the cycle of life.View full product details
Theme: Connection. The jersey design represents the connection and the meaning of Indigenous Round to our players
Artist: Danielle Mate Sullivan in collaboration with NRL Player Will Smith
- The large image at the bottom left represents the Parramatta Eels as the meeting place for our players
- Above and connected to this is the player’s home. This represents the country that the players are connected to and where they always return. It signiﬁes their families that they’re often playing away from and the importance of that journey back home.
- The four hands represent Will Smith and Blake Ferguson’s children.
- The other smaller circles that connect back to the Club, represent the communities that Parramatta Eels visit and work with.
- The Parramatta River runs through the bottom right corner. This is paying respect to the traditional owners of the land, the Darug People. The Burramattagal people, who are a clan of the Darug, have a connection to this river where they ﬁrst settled and caught ﬁsh, eels and other food here.
- Represent the colours of both the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ﬂagsView full product details
$99.00Canterbury Bulldogs 2020 Training Hoodie - Youth View full product details
$79.00Queensland Maroons 2020 Squad Hoody - Youth View full product details